BENEFITS OF ORGANIC FOOD
Benefits of organic food is the eye-catchy topic now a days. The demand of organic food is increasing day by day because of its purity and toxic free nature. Here we have shared some useful information about it. Hope you will explore it.
What is ORGANIC FOOD?
The term “organic” refers to the way farmers treat a product agriculturally. If a product grows using natural procedure and growth method, then only you can call it an organic food product.
Farmers grow organic crops without using artificial pesticides, petroleum-based fertilizers, sewage sludge-based fertilizers and bio-engineered genes (GMOs).
Organic livestock raised for meat, eggs, and dairy products live in a natural habitat. Moreover, these animals consume natural feed free of antibiotics, growth hormones, or any animal by-products.
The organic food products are not 100% pesticide-free. However, the pesticides used are derivatives of natural products and are not hazardous to human health rather they are environment friendly.
What is INORGANIC FOOD?
We term the food products that use synthetic farming methods for the growth and treatment of crops and livestock inorganic food.
These products contain synthetic pesticides, GMOs, antibiotics, growth hormones, and harmful fertilizer hazardous to human health and the environment.
ORGANIC VS. INORGANIC
|ORGANIC FARMING||INORGANIC FARMING|
|Crops grown using natural fertilizers (compost, manure).||Crops grow using synthetic or synthetic fertilizers.|
|They gain weed control using natural processes (hand weeding, crop rotation, tilling and mulching).||They gain weed control via chemical herbicides.|
|Natural methods like (traps) and naturally-derived pesticides are for pest control.||It uses synthetic pesticides for pest control.|
|ORGANIC MEAT, DAIRY, EGGS||INORGANIC MEAT, DAIRY, EGGS|
|Livestock feeds on organic, hormone- and GMO-free feed.||Livestock feeds on growth hormones and inorganic GMO feed.|
|To achieve disease control naturally, they keep the animal clean and healthy and allow rotational grazing.||They control livestock diseases using antibiotics and other medications.|
|Livestock has access to outdoors.||Livestock most of the times do not have access to outdoors.|
The left side of both the tables explains the benefits of organic food.
The Benefits of ORGANIC FOOD
What you eat can impact your mental and emotional health as well as the environment. Natural foods often have more advantageous nutrients, such as antioxidants, than inorganic products. people with food allergies, chemical or pesticide allergies must use organic food to stay allergy-free.
- Organic products contain fewer pesticides; the chemicals used as pesticides can remain on (and in) our food which of course is harmful, the lesser the better. This also accounts fewer nitrates exist which can prevent a lot of cancers. (Nitrates are responsible for causing cancers).
- Organic food is often fresher; reason being, it does not contain preservatives.
- Organic farming is environment friendly.
- Organically raised animals are FREE of antibiotics, growth hormones, and animal byproducts; feeding animals with synthetic products or medicine has an impact on their meat and milk. These products can affect humans adversely. Thus, natural feed and habitat are best to raise hormone-free organic animals that will produce organic meat, organic milk, and organic eggs. Natural foods reduce our exposure to toxins and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Organic milk and meat contain high nutrients levels; contain higher levels of Omega 3- fatty acids, iron, vitamin E and some carotenoids. A good intake of Omega 3 proves to prevent heart diseases.
- Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA is altered unnaturally in labs to make them resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide.
- Natural foods are a rich source of antioxidants; organic food contains up to 69% higher levels of antioxidants and some micronutrients such as vitamin C, zinc and iron.
Some Health BENEFITS OF ORGANIC FOOD
- The higher antioxidant content helps protect cells from damage.
- Benefits of the immune system.
- Organic chicken reduces the risk of cancers and polycystic ovaries syndrome. However, in most cases, inorganic chicken is widely responsible for cancers and other problems.
- Organic foods lower the risk of allergies and eczema in children and infants.
Fight against COVID-19 using ORGANIC FOOD
While talking about organic foods and their health benefits let’s not forget the ongoing pandemic due to COVID-19. Here are some natural remedies to boost your immunity. One should take full advantage of the benefits of organic food
Black seed or black caraway often confused with onion seeds rather it has a separate 1 cm long plant that produces these seeds and known as black caraway and black seed. Moreover, botanically known as Nigella sativa.
These tiny seeds are a rich source of proteins, fat, fiber, and minerals including potassium, phosphorus, sodium, iron calcium, zinc, manganese, magnesium, copper.
Anti-bacterial, anti-viral (COVID-19 is a virus), anti-fungal, anti-allergy, anti-histamine, anti diabetic, boosts immunity because of anti-oxidants. Enhanced immunity is what you need to defeat coronavirus.
Read more: Top 10 Dangerous Viruses in the world
Washed and air-dried, 1 pinch once daily with 2 glasses of lukewarm water.
Benefits of organic food other than black seeds;
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Citrus fruits for Vitamin C.
Prevent cancer and other diseases by using ORGANIC CHICKEN
Chicken is one in all the foremost vital products to get organic. Organic chicken doesn’t contain the toxic hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides that are present in commercial chicken. Additionally, studies show even low levels of artificial hormones will increase one’s risk of developing cancer. Moreover, industrial chicken may contain toxic heavy metals.
Pasture-raised, organically fed chickens, that pick grass and bugs in a natural way, are best to consume as their meat is more flavorsome. Moreover, pasture-raised chicken meat features a healthier composition that’s higher in vitamins, minerals, and omega-three fatty acids than its typical counterpart.
Fewer Toxins lesser risk of cancer
Nobody likes to think about the toxic food, however, commercially raised poultry typically contains hormones, antibiotics and trace amounts of pesticides, all of which might be a risk for cancers. Antibiotics used in the commercially raised chicken cause bacterial resistance in the population. Moreover, even tiny amounts of hormones increase the chance of cancer and early onset of the time of life. Therefore, its highly recommended to use organic chicken, decrease the risk of cancer.
Organic chicken is less fatty than its commercially raised relatives. Thus, reduce the risk of obesity and polycystic ovaries.
Read more: THINGS TO DO AT HOME IN QUARANTINE
If you have any query related to the article, you can ask in the comments section. For more such healthy information, click the notification bell. Moreover, Eat Organic, Stay healthy!!!